According to Ayurveda Pitta’s elemental makeup consists of fireplace and water. The common translation of Pitta is “that that digests things.” in line with written material, this can be the dosha accountable for our ability to mentally digest our life experiences and biologically digest our food. The dosa is accountable for all of our chemical and metabolic transformations.
Qualities or Attributes of Pitta Dosha
- Sharp or penetrating
- A little oily or “unctuous” (some ayurvedic texts describe it as moist)
Characteristics of Pitta Dosha
The classic ayurvedic text Charaka Veda says that once Pitta is in balance among anyone, in line with their prakruti or constitution, their blood are going to be healthy and therefore the acid secretions in their intestines and abdomen optimum for digestion. Mental digestion, judgement, and discernment area unit functions of balanced Pitta. Our ability to obviously understand what the body senses (sees, hears, smells, etc.) is ruled by Pitta. Concerning transformation, Pitta governs the power of the body to combust, or digest, the materials required to bring heat and colour to the body. The body’s ability to take care of heat and absorb daylight additionally as our ability to mentally digest our thoughts and emotions area unit ruled by the dosha. The Charaka says that the “light of awareness” is ruled by Pitta additionally.
Actions of Pitta dosha within the body and mind are:
- Colour and complexion
- Visual perception
- All digestion
- All heat within the body and mind
- Softness and health of the skin
- Regulation of the liver
- Proper perform of the little internal organ
- Characteristics of Pitta Dominance in look
- Sharp, amygdaloidal eyes (often inexperienced or hazel)
- Little hair or soft, light-weight hair
- High hairline, with medium quantity of sentimental hair; in aging method cutting hair to male pattern hairlessness
- Early to grey
- Sharp nose, teeth, and chin
- Freckles (red hair is additionally Pitta quality)
- Medium to little frame
- Flexible nevertheless stable joints
- Symmetry of hips to shoulders
- Red coloured tongue
- Rosy cheeks and lips
- Examples of Pitta Dosha in Excess or in associate unbalanced State
- Easily sunburns
- Strong anger
- Agitation as a stress response
- Teeth sensitivity
- Burning sensation in eyes, skin, mouth, or with elimination
- Yellow, foetid urine or excess urine
- Excess sweat
- Bleeding nose, cheeks, or ears
- Bloodshot eyes or yellow in eyes (and skin)
- Acne or skin rashes
- Nosebleeds or excess harm once cut
- Smelly feet, armpits, or a general bitter smell to the body
- Tunnel vision with goal-orientated behaviour
- Obsessive or compulsive thinking
- Desire to hunt revenge
- Liver problems
- Blood problems
- Inflammation normally
- Heat and agitation with sleep
- Small intestine/digestive acid problems
Nutritional pointers for Pitta
Since Associate in nursing way over Pitta dosha overheats the mind and body, favour cool foods and liquids. Foods with sweet, bitter, and astringent tastes are best. Scale back foods that are pungent, salty, and sour.
Dairy will facilitate balance the warmth of Pitta. This includes milk, butter, and ghee. Sour, hard product like dairy product, sour cream, and cheese ought to be used meagrely as bitter tastes worsen Pitta.
All sweeteners are also taken carefully except syrup and honey.
The best oils to pacify Pitta are olive, sunflower, and coconut. Use less benne, almond, and vegetable oil that are additional heating.
Wheat, rice, barley, and oats are the simplest grains to cut back the dosa. Eat less corn, rye, millet, and rice.
Stick to sweeter fruits like grapes, melons, cherries, coconuts, avocados, mangoes, pomegranates, totally ripe pineapples, oranges, and plums.
Reduce bitter fruits like grapefruits, apricots, and berries.
The vegetables to favour are asparagus, cucumbers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, inexperienced bowery vegetables, pumpkins, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, okra, lettuce, inexperienced beans, and zucchini.
The vegetables to avoid embrace tomatoes, hot peppers, carrots, beets, eggplant, onions, garlic, radishes, and spinach.
Pitta varieties ought to use seasonings that are soothing and cooling. These embrace coriander, cilantro, cardamom, saffron, and fennel. Hotter spices like ginger, cumin, black pepper, fenugreek, clove, salt, and flavourer ought to be used meagerly. Extremely popular seasonings like chilli peppers, and cayenne are best avoided. Chew on fennel seeds once meals to chill down acid within the abdomen.
For non-vegetarians, chicken, pheasant and turkey are desirable whereas beef, seafood, and eggs increase Pitta and may be decreased.
Yoga for reconciliation Pitta
Shitali pranayama (cooling breath)
Bhramri pranayama (bee breath)
Nadi shodhana (alternate anterior naris breathing)
Sama vritti breathe (even breath)